Something That May Shock and Discredit You by Daniel Mallory Ortberg
A New York Times bestselling feminist author's sparkling memoir of gender transition (among many other things).
Reasons for Transitioning:
- Want to impress good-looking ex;
- Want to upset good-looking ex;
- Bored of existing wardrobe, looking for excuse to buy all-new clothes that don't fit in a new way;
- Younger siblings getting too much attention;
- Want to sing both parts of a duet at karaoke;
- Something about upper-body strength;
- Excited to reinforce a different set of sexist stereotypes;
- Cheaper haircuts;
- Just love layering shirts ...
From the beloved writer behind The Toast and Slate's 'Dear Prudence' column comes a personal essay collection exploring popular culture, literature, religion, and sexuality.
With wit and compassion, Daniel Mallory Ortberg revisits beloved cultural and literary figures in the light of his transition.
Paperback / 256 pages